Jan 27, 2014
God does not want us to settle for less than greatness. (Philippians 4:8-9)
· Don’t settle for a less than great relationship with God; pursue a great relationship with Him.
· Don’t settle for a less than great marriage; pursue a great marriage that is Christ-centered.
· Don’t settle for a less than great life; pursue a great God-glorifying life.
Making a shift is necessary because in a broken world there is constant movement toward decay and decline.
· From the order of God’s design, to the chaos caused by man’s rebellion. (Romans 8:22-25)
Shifting Gears . . .
Gear #1: Intentionality—I must be intentional, not passive.
Gear #2: Strategy—I must be strategic in how I shift from good to great.
Gear #3: Execution—I must do what it takes to pursue what is excellent.
Gear #4: Vision—I must be forward-thinking, not stuck in the past.
· You must determine the changes that need to be made . . .
o Some are incremental.
o Some are radical.
o All are necessary.
§ For health
§ For growth
§ For our pleasure in bringing God glory.
If we are going to be who God has called and created us to be, we can not settle for “good enough,” we must pursue excellence for the glory of God.
(Colossians 3:23; Phil. 4:8-9)