Aug 26, 2018
PRAYING GOD’S WORD . . .
- Powerful and effective prayer is shaped by the abiding
word of Christ in you.
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever
you wish, and it will be done for you.” John 15:7
- The desires of your heart will be shaped by the extent of your
delight in His word.
- God answers prayers that are saturated with the truth
of His word.
“For all the promises of God find their Yes in Him.
That is why it is through Him that we utter our Amen to God for His
glory.” 2 Corinthians 1:20
“God only answers petitions that His Son has had a hand in
formulating.” D.M. Mc’ Intyre (Late 1800’s Scottish
“And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if
we ask anything according to His will He hears us. And if we
know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the
requests that we have asked of Him.” 1 John 5:14-15
PATIENT IN THE WAITING . . .
- God is faithful to perform His word, so be patient in
“Then the LORD said to me, ‘You have seen well, for I am
watching over My word to perform it.’” Jeremiah 1:12
- Patient waiting is God’s workout regimen for faith
- In your patient waiting, press in with persistent
- Patience is God's gracious gift of preparing us to receive and
experience His best.
PRAYING PRACITCALLY . . .
- Write down some specific requests you are praying for and ask
these clarifying questions:
- What promises in Scripture (not taken out of context) has God
given regarding my requests?
- Are my prayers centered around my will or God’s will?
- How persistent am I being in prayer?
- Am I trusting that God is performing His word by patiently
waiting, or am I trying to make things happen on my own?