Feb 17, 2014
In Your Singleness . . .
1. Do not seek out a mate. (1 Corinthians 7:27)
· Don’t rush into a relationship; rather find your identity in Christ as a son or daughter of God.
2. Fully devote yourself to faithfully make much of Jesus for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 7:32, 34-35)
3. Daily surrender yourself to God’s plan rather than seeking to implement your plan.
4. If you’ve never been married, humbly acceptyour singleness as God’s gift. (1 Corinthians 7:7)
What You Need to Know Before You Marry . . .
1. Don’t invest in dating if you are not prepared to marry.
2. Marriage is a gift from God. (1 Corinthians 7:7)
3. Cohabitation is not God’s pre-marital plan.
o Commit yourselves to purity.
4. Because marriages are for reflecting the glory of God and displaying the gospel of Christ, it is imperative that your future mate is a follower of Christ.
o Do not date someone who does not share in your faith and values.
5. Marriage is for life.