Aug 6, 2012
When I Surrender My Life to Christ . . .
1. The Holy Spirit takes residence in my life. (John 15:15-17)
· He gives life. (Romans 8:10-11)
· He guides me into all the truth. (John 16:13)
2. I experience a changed heart.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
“He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13-14)
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)
· Changed Beliefs.
· Changed Values.
3. I experience a changed life. (Colossians 3:15-17; Galatians 5:22-24)
· A change in my character.
· A change in my attitude.
· A change in my actions.
When abiding in Christ becomes the reality of my life, life-change becomes the supernatural result. (John 15:1-11)
o Abiding in Christ is essential for life.
o Abiding in Christ is essential for growth.
o Abiding in Christ is essential displaying Christ-likeness.