Aug 13, 2012
What A Disciple Looks Like, pt. 3
When I surrender my life to Christ . . .
1. The Spirit resides in me.
2. My heart is changed.
3. My life is changed.
4. My perspective is changed. (Colossians 3:1-4)
· What I desire and seek after is different.
o The rule and reign of Christ become my priorities. (Matthew 6:33)
o The desires of Christ become the desires of my heart. (John 15:7)
The more deeply I abide in Christ, the more Christ-like my perspective becomes.
· Abide in Christ by remaining in His Word.
o Gives nourishment. (Psalm 1:1-3)
§ Read His Word
· Abide in Christ by cultivating relationships.
o My relationship with Christ.
§ Adoration: worshiping God for who He is; acknowledging His character in reverence.
§ Confession: acknowledging my sin before a Holy God and my need to turn from sin.
§ Thanksgiving: expressing gratitude to God for His blessings.
§ Supplication: asking God to meet my needs
o With other Believers.
§ Discipleship (1 on 1)
§ Small Groups
o Abide in Christ by seeing the world as He sees it.
5. The World is changed.
· My response is to go and make disciples. (Matthew 28:19-20)