Dec 8, 2015
“This Is Christmas”
Mark 7:1-9; Luke 2
The Good About Traditions . . .
- They can bring families together.
- They are memorable.
- They can be fun.
- They can pass down family values and leave a legacy.
Testing the Traditions . . .
- Do our traditions deviate from Jesus?
- When how we celebrate overshadows whom we celebrate, we’ve
missed the point of the celebration.
- Do our traditions elevate Jesus?
- When how we celebrate makes much of Jesus we are more likely to
remember the reason we celebrate.
Something to Hang Your Stocking On . . .
- Redeem that which was empty of meaning.
- Begin new traditions that elevate Jesus and the gospel. (Luke