Oct 5, 2014
The Moral Law Giver . . .
· Man/woman cannot be because we are not objective, universal, and constant.
“There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.” Proverbs 16:25
· God must be the moral lawgiver because He is objective, universal, and constant.
“For I the Lord do not change . . .” Malachi 3:6
“God said to Moses, ‘I AM who I AM.’” Exodus 3:14
§ “Yahweh” means that God is the self-existing One; not dependent upon anything else for His existence; He is Creator; He is immutable (unchanging)
Jesus’ Claim . . .
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’” John 14:6
· Jesus makes the claim that He is truth.
o Not a truth.
o Not some truth.
o He claims to be absolute truth.
Passing the Truth Test . . . ?
1. Jesus is constant because He eternally exists.
2. Jesus is universal in that He is true for all people, in all places, at all times.
3. Jesus is objective in that He is self-existing; not dependent upon anything for His existence; He is impartial, the complete essence of truth.
4. Jesus is knowable in that He has revealed Himself to all people that we might have a personal relationship with Him.
The Conclusion . . .
Jesus is truth and He is knowable.
· He is the standard for truth therefore moralrelativism is an incorrect view.
· Every person is subject to His standard of truth, and is held accountable.
· His standard of truth is applicable for every area of life.
Since there is absolute truth, we can absolutely know how to correctly view the world.