Jan 13, 2014
Instead of adjusting our life to what is resonating in culture, our primary concern and desire should be to adjust our life to what is resonating in the heart of God.
Is your greatest desire and ambition to be culturally relevant rather than spiritually vibrant?
· If we are culturally relevant without being spiritually vibrant, we have nothing to offer a world in need of what only Christ can give.
· We become spiritually vibrant when we allow the Spirit of God to work in and through us. (Philippians 2:12-18)
· When we allow God to work in us, we recognize His invitation to join Him at work in the world for His glory. (Acts 16:6-10)
A shift of perspective . . .
· From here-and-now to here-and-forever (Luke 12:15-21)
o “I live for the moment” or “I live in the moment with the end in mind”
· From status to significance (Philippians 3:3-12)
o “I live for the applause of others” or “I live for the glory of God”
· From selfishness to selflessness
o “I live for me” or “I have been bought with a price and I am not my own”