Nov 27, 2012
Two Key Questions that James asks . . .
Workless faith is worthless faith. In other words, it gives evidence that your faith is dead.
The Truth About Faith . . .
• Intellectual faith doesn’t save you.
• Emotional faith doesn’t save you.
• Saving (real) faith is what saves you.
What Saving (Real) Faith Looks Like . . .
• Understanding that I am a sinner in need of forgiveness.
• Placing my complete faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin.
• Receiving His righteousness by grace through faith.
• Displaying the righteousness of Christ as I live for Him.
Truth Statement . . .
The validity of your faith is revealed by the evidence of your faith.
• A transformed heart leads to Christ-like works, which displays a faith that brings much glory to God.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
Going Deeper This Week . . .
• Read Romans 4 and 5. Abraham was justified by faith that resulted in works of righteousness.
• Read Genesis 15:1-6 (notice Abram’s faith in God that justified him)
• Read Genesis 22:1-19 (notice Abraham’s faith expressed in obedience to God that was a witness to those with him)
• Read Joshua 2:1-11 and see why Rahab hid the spies. (Notice verse 11)