Jan 17, 2016
“Not Home Yet: Pursuing
1 Peter 1:13-25
Setting Your Hope Fully On His Grace . . .
- Guard your mind with the truth aggressively.
- Don’t align yourself with the pattern of the world’s
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by
the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is
the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- Understand the truth clearly.
- Distorted thinking leads to disobedient (Ephesians 4:17-24)
- Be aware of the enemy’s deception.
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the
devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to
devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
Living in Awe of a Holy God . . .
- As an obedient child of God, do not be conformed to the
passions and patterns of your former life.
- Truthful thinking leads to a confident hope producing a life
that passionately pursues holiness. (1 Peter 1:15-16)
- As an obedient child of God, live in reverent fear of God the
- We have been ransomed with that which is infinitely more costly
and valuable than earthly riches. (1 Peter 1:18-19)
Loving One Another Continually . . .
- Loving one another is the overflow of a life pursuing and
living out the character of God’s holiness.
- In obeying the truth of the gospel you will love others because
the gospel abides in you. (1 Peter 1:22-23)