Feb 5, 2017
Live Differently . . .
- I live differently because, as a believer, I have been
____________ with Christ.
Which means . . .
- It changes what I _____________ and what I ___________ about.
- _________ the things ___________ where Christ is seated.
- _______ your __________ on things above, not on things that
- What you seek and set your mind on __________ how you live your
________ here on earth.
- Our heart and mind should dwell on things above so that it
affects how we live below. It’s as though we live in two
realms: our affections (the things we love) and our mind (the
things we think on) are heavenly minded and it influences how we
live our lives here on earth.
- So the question you need to ask and honestly answer is this:
What is it that captivates my affections (desires) and my attention
(think about; focus on)?
- What does your ____________ run after?
- What ______________ your mind?
Two Reasons Why I Seek and Set My Mind on Things Above .
- Because I have ___________ to the things I once desired and set
my mind on.
- Because I have ____________________ to all I am, and have,
- The riches of His glory; in whom are hidden all the treasures
of wisdom and knowledge.
- To look with an ________________ gaze at the things of this
world, when I have an all-sufficient Savior, is _______________ at
I am “hidden in Christ.” (means I am influenced
by, affected by, the person and work of Christ.)
- My _____________ have become what He desires.
- My ________________ have become what He thinks about. (Phil.
So how do I keep my heart’s affections and my mind’s
focus on things above? . . .
- Put to _____________ what is not of Christ. (vv. 5-11)
- Put to death that which is not of Christ by
- What you don’t kill will _______________ you.
- ______________ what is of Christ. (vv.12-15)