Mar 6, 2016
Uncommon—An Uncommon Man”
1 Peter 3:7; Ephesians 5:25-33
An Uncommon Man . . .
- An uncommon man is a man who seeks to understand his wife.
“Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an
understanding way . . .” 1 Peter 3:7
- An uncommon man is a man who honors his wife as priceless and
“ . . . showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel . .
.” 1 Peter 3:7
“Outdo one another in showing honor.” Romans
- Honor your wife by loving and caring for her.
“Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loves the church and
gave Himself up for her . . .” Ephesians 5:25
“For no one every hated his own flesh, but nourishes and
cherishes it, just as Christ does the church . . .” Ephesians
- Honor your wife by being gentle and not harsh with her.
“Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with
them.” Colossians 3:19
- Honor your wife by treating her as an heir of God’s grace.
“ . . . since they are heirs with you of the grace of life .
. .” 1 Peter 3:7
- An uncommon man is a man who accepts the responsibility of
leading his wife well.
- As a husband, how will you present your wife to God?
Making It Practical . . .
What could I do to make you feel more
- What could I do to make you feel more respected?
- What could I do to make you feel more understood?
- What could I do to make you feel more secure?
- What could I do to make you feel more confident in our future
- What attribute would you like me to develop?
- What attribute would you like for me to help you develop?
- What achievement in my life would bring you the greatest
- What would indicate to you that I really desire to be more
- What mutual goal would you like to see us accomplish?
(Questions by Tom Elliff)