Jul 2, 2012
Treasuring Christ: Engaging in Ministry
1 Corinthians 12:1-31
Four Realities . . .
1. God has gifted every believer.
“To each is given . . .” 1 Corinthians 12:7a
“Having gifts . . .” Romans 12:6a
2. God gives variety of gifts.
“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit . . .” 1 Corinthians 12:4a
3. God assigns and arranges as He chooses.
“ . . . who apportions (assigns) to each one individually as He wills.” 1 Corinthias 12:11b
“But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as He chose.” 1 Corinthians 12:18
4. God reveals Himself through the supernatural work of His Spirit.
“All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as He wills.” 1 Corinthians 12:11
· God has supernaturally gifted us so that we might do that which is naturally beyond us.
5. God gifts us for His glory and for the good of His church.
“ . . . for the common good.” 1 Corinthians 12:7b
“Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them . . .” Romans 12:6
For the Common Good . . .
· Because I am a follower of Christ, and am gifted by God, what gift(s) has He given me to use for His glory and for the good of His church?
· Am I using the gift(s) God has given me, or am I making excuses?
· Am I where God has assigned me, or am I being ineffective by choosing where I want to be?