May 19, 2014
As You Prepare . . .
1. Affirm the non-negotiables of your life.(Psalm 1:3)
A man without convictions is like a tree with no roots planted in rich soil; it may look good for a moment, but eventually it withers and dies.
o What are your convictions? What are the non-negotiables of your life when it comes to your faith?
§ Your life’s convictions regarding all other matters will stem from your convictions regarding your faith. It is your root system that nourishes everything about you.
2. Refuse to negotiate with your feelings.(Proverbs 4:23; Jeremiah 17:9; Matthew 15:19; Proverbs 3:5-7)
o Your feelings are never a correct indicator for discerning truth.
o Your selfish and impetuous heart has a way of renegotiating your non-negotiables.
3. Exchange acquaintance with the truth, for knowledge of the truth. (Psalm 1:2)
4. Surround yourself with those who walk in the truth.(Psalm 1:1)
o Don’t become impatient and settle for the crowd.
§ You will only have a handful of really close friends in life; choose them wisely.
o Pray that God connects you with those who know and are pursuing Christ.
5. Place yourself in a culture that nourishes your soul.
o Get involved in a Christ-centered, biblically sound community of faith.
6. Understand that you will face the intense and brutal conditions of a post-Christian culture.
· Your beliefs will be mocked, so know what you believe and why you believe it.
· Your faith will be tested, but stand firmly on the truth unashamedly.
· Your voice will seek to be silenced, but speak truth in love and with the compassion of Christ.