Apr 27, 2014
“Crossroads: The Burning Heart”
On the Road . . .
Jesus draws near to those seeking understanding. (Acts 17:22-31)
· Seeking a Savior.
· Skeptical but asking questions.
Jesus gives meaning to the message because He is the message. (Luke 24:27)
· Jesus makes sense of Scripture because He is the Word made flesh.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God . . . and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” John 1:1, 14, 17
· All that the Law and the Prophets point to find its fulfillment in the person of Jesus Christ.
Jesus, who is the truth, opens blind eyes and ignites the soul.(Luke 24:31-32)
· Only Jesus gives sight to the spiritually blind.
· The Scriptures, without the redeeming work of Christ, is just an empty book with no resolve.
o Jesus resolves the conflict in the story of God.
My Crossroads . . .
· How am I going to respond to the truth that Jesus is who Scripture says He is?
· How long will I continue to walk down the road seeking understanding, when the truth is clearly before me?