Jun 10, 2013
Song of Solomon 2:8-3:5
From Desire to Adoration . . .
There is a sense of excitement and anticipation in hearing his
voice and being in his presence.
1. There is a strong desire to be with and pursue her.
· He takes the initiative; He is the pursuer.
· It is a desire, not an obligation.
In Dating or Courtship . . .
· Is our dating relationship right biblically?
· Is our dating relationship honoring Christ?
· Do we have the same essential beliefs?
· Does he/she know Christ and is he/she growing as a follower of Jesus?
· Does he honor me? Does she honor me?
· Do we have fun with one another?
· Can we accept each other’s faults?
· Do we desire to spend our lives with each other for life?
· Am I ready to be in serious relationship?
Dating should grow you, not drain you.
In Marriage . . .
· Are you still dating your spouse?
· Does your relationship communicate desire or obligation?
2. There is a strong desire to know her intimately, which involves vulnerability.
· You will love only as deeply as you are willing to be vulnerable (trust).
o What are you doing to show her you are deserving of her trust?
· For those who are dating, as you become vulnerable, guard what is pure.
· Awakening love too soon will destroy intimacy. (2:15)
For Her and Him . . .
There is a strong level of commitment to one another. (2:16)
Final Thoughts . . .