Feb 22, 2021
In today's teaching Pastor Phil talks about the example of the Thessalonians and why the apostle Paul had such an affection for them and their church.
Today's scripture verses 1 Thessalonians, Chapter 2, Verses 17 through 20.
Let's look at some of the reasons the Thessalonians were so loved by Paul.
1) They had a Personal Desire for Disciples
2) They were Fourth-Soiler Disciples (See Bill Hull and "The Discipleship Gospel")
3) They had an Eternal Desire for Disciples - The Thessalonians truly lived on the edge of eternity, and they viewed everything through that assumption-to include disciple-making.
So how can we live on the edge of eternity?
1) Focus on disciple-making
2) Align our church with disciple-making
3) Get involved in disciple-making