Mar 24, 2014
Matthew 7:7-8; Hebrews 4:16; 1 John 5:14; Philippians 4:6,19
Just Ask . . .
1. Ask God boldly. (Matthew 7:7; Hebrews 4:16)
"This holy boldness, this argumentation, this reasoning, this putting the case before God, this pleading His own promises, this is the whole secret of prayer." Martyn Lloyd-Jones
· We can ask God boldly because we have been invited.
· We can ask boldly because we come in the name of Christ.
· We can ask boldly when we ask for that which is consistent with God’s will.
o To be delivered from the bondage of sin is God’s will.
o To be delivered from the bondage of debt is God’s will.
o To be set free to make disciples is God’s will.
o To be set free to give more to God’s purposes for His glory is God’s will.
2. Ask God gratefully. (Philippians 4:6,19)
· We ask God gratefully because as we pray in His will, His provision is certain.
· We ask God gratefully because he meets our needs.
3. Ask God believing. (Matthew 7:7-8; 1 John 5:14)
· We can ask God believing because we know He hears us.
· We can ask God believing because we know He is faithful to His word. (Hebrews 4:16)