May 11, 2020
Happy Mother's Day!
Proverbs 24: 3-4 (NIV)
1) Spiritual Priority
2) Biblical Intimacy
3) Scriptural Legacy
4) Visual Dependency
5) Relational Unity
6) Verbal Charity
1. Read Psalm 127:1 and Joshua 24:15. Why is the Lordship of Jesus Christ a key factor in having a spiritual priority for our families? How does this affect our marriages? How does this affect the way we raise our children?
2. Phil defined a "Scriptural legacy" as a tangible Bible, but also as a life that has "lived in" and "lived out" that Bible. Did you ever receive a Scriptural legacy from someone? What does your own Scriptural legacy look like? Do you have one, and do you have a plan to pass it along?
3. Why is it so important for our children (and grandchildren) to see us depending on God and on his Word? During this COVID-19 season, how have you had to depend on God? Have your children seen that dependence?
4. When families love God and worship God TOGETHER in their homes and in their churches, it creates relational unity. What are some of the practical ways that you have loved God and worshiped God together as a family--both in your home and in your church? If you had an opportunity to encourage a younger family about this, what would you say?
5. Read Ephesians 4:29 and James 1:19-20. How would you assess the words that are spoken in your home--be honest. Is your home a place filled with words of "unrighteous anger," or do the words spoken in your home give grace to the hearers? What are some practical ways that we can better love our family members with our words?