Mar 31, 2014
The Road We Travel . . .
All roads do not lead to heaven, but all roads do lead to the cross.
On the Road with Barabbas . . .
· He was a rebel—He didn’t follow the law of the land.
o I have a rebellious heart.
· He was a murderer—He had no regard for the life of others.
o I have a murderous heart.
· He was a thief—He took that which was not rightfully his.
o I have a thieving heart.
· He was aninsurrectionist—He rose up against those in authority.
o I have an insurrectionist heart.
Are we that different from Barabbas?
At the Crossroad . . .
The crowd didn’t save Barabbas that day, Jesus did.
· At the cross, the blood of the innocent Christ would pay for the sins of the guilty.
· At the cross, my sin would be nailed and my righteousness secured.
o On the cross Jesus would bear my guilt so that I could be made right with God.
My Crossroad . . .
How do you stand before God?