Jan 14, 2018
GOD AT WORK . . .
- God is always at work.
- He is an active God because He is a redemptive God
- He is often at work in ways I cannot see.
- He is often at work in places I do not expect.
GOD’S INVITATION . . .
- God invites me to join Him where He is at work. (Acts 8:26-29)
- God saves me so that I might join Him in His redemptive
- Not to help Him in His redemptive work; He doesn’t need my
- Not to do His redemptive work; I can’t redeem anyone.
- But to join Him in His redemptive work; I’m an
instrument in His hands.
- God will not invite me to join Him where He is not already at
- Because He is the One who does the work.
- Because what God calls us to join Him in won’t be wasted.
- Because if God is already at work, then He has already gone
before me and I have nothing to fear.
MY RESPONSE TO GOD’S INVITATION . . .
- Be sensitive to God’s promptings. (Acts 8:26, 29) Paul to
- A life fully surrendered to the Spirit is a life that is filled
with the Spirit.
- Be quick to obey. (Acts 8:26-27, 30)
- Delayed obedience is disobedience.
SOMETHING BIG . . .
- When God extends an invitation to me it is because He is up to
something eternally significant.
- He is up to something big in me.
- He is up to something big in those to whom He sends
THE TAKEAWAY . . .
If you want to change the world, join God where He’s at