Sep 9, 2013
Joshua 1:1-9; 4:1-24
Leaving a Legacy . . .
· We must move beyond the past.
o Remember the past, but don’t live in it.
· We must move forward in obedience.
o The greatest hindrance to obedience in the moment is a life stuck in the past.
· We must go with God and not with man.
o We can be confident in moving forward because we know, as we obediently go with God, He is with us.
· We must embrace God’s Word with conviction and courage.
o Lasting legacies are built on truth and the courage to live it out.
· We must leave a legacy that points to what only God has done. (4:23-24)
Questions to Consider . . .
What of our legacy is so obvious that it begs the question from the world, “What does this mean?”
Will our response promote the transcendent cause of the gospel of Christ, and reflect a life lived in awe?