Jun 26, 2016
FAQ: Can I Lose My
Ephesians 2:8-9; John 10:22-30
What Salvation is NOT . . .
- Salvation is not determined by my heritage.
- Salvation is not earned by works or keeping rules. (Ephesians
2:8-9; Titus 3:4-5)
- Salvation is not received because of my knowledge about
- Salvation is not dependent upon me.
What Salvation IS . . .
- It is the gracious act of God that has rescued us from sin and
reconciled us to Him through the substitutionary death of His Son,
- Salvation is initiated by God. (John 6:44,63-65)
“For by grace you have been saved through
faith. And this is not your own doing; it is
the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no
one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- Salvation is received as I respond in faith.
- Salvation is evidenced by a life that follows (John 10:27)
“If your faith hasn’t changed you, your faith hasn’t saved
you.” James MacDonald
How do I know I’m saved . . .? (John 10:1-30; 1
- There is evidence of life-change that is consistent with the
character of Christ. (Luke 3:3-14; Gal. 5:22-23)
- There is grieving over sin and repentance of sin. (Psalm
32:1-5; Psalm 51)
- The desire and pattern of my life are to live in obedience to
the word of God. (1 John 2:3-5; John 10:27)
Why I Cannot Lose My Salvation . . .
- Because I am saved by the grace of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- I have been purchased by His blood and cannot be unpurchased.
(1 Peter 1:18-19)
- I am a new creation and cannot be uncreated. (2 Corinthians
- I am born again spiritually and cannot be unborn. (John
- I am adopted as a son/daughter and cannot be unadopted.
(Ephesians 1:5; Romans 8:15)
- Because sin cannot snatch away what God has rescued by the
abounding victory of grace. (Romans 5:20-21; John 10:28)
- I am sealed by the Spirit of God. (Ephesians 1:13-14)
- Because nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ
Jesus. (Romans 8:38)
The All Important Question . . .
- Am I truly saved?
- Have I recognized that I am a sinner under the wrath of
- Have I recognized the inexpressible gift of grace offered by
- Have I willingly surrendered my life to Christ by turning from
sin and receiving this gift of grace that I so desperately