Aug 19, 2013
Scripture References: Genesis 1; Genesis 2:18; John 17:20-26
It is not good to be alone. (Genesis 2:18)
· God values relationships.
In the Beginning . . .
· Community (Relational oneness)
o Holy Spirit
o I have been created in the image of God to express the essence of His character.
Broken Community . . .
Because of sin, our relationship (community) with God was broken. (Ephesians 2:12-13)
Restored Community . . .
Jesus came to restore us to a right relationship (community) with God.
· Through Christ (Romans 5:6-11)
· By His Spirit
Community as a Witness to the World . . . (John 17:20-26)
· Christ in me.
· We in Christ. (Colossians 3:12-17)
· That the world may know Christ. (John 17:23)
So What? . . .
Biblical community is a visible expression of the gospel of grace and our God-designed purpose.